Alumnae Theatre Company Membership
We are a charitable organization that produces fantastic theatre in Toronto. We operate out of a converted firehall at 70 Berkeley Street, which houses two theatres. The Alumnae is made up of a diverse, enthusiastic, fun group of women volunteers, and any woman with a passion for theatre is welcome to join.
There are two types of membership: Active and Supporting. Active Membership ($50/year) is for members who actively participate in the running of the organization and its theatres. Supporting Membership ($75/year) is for members who don’t have time to participate on a regular basis.
members receive the following benefits:
- bi-monthly e-newsletter
- advance notice of auditions, guaranteed audition slots for Alumnae productions
- a non-transferable ticket to every Alumnae production for yourself whenever you want, pending availability (minimum value of $120)
- preference in the actor audition, director selection and play submissions process
- access to ATC free or discounted workshops and professional development programs
- membership in our playwriting group, New Play Development
- participation in ATC readings, including NIF, WRITE NOW and NEXT STAGE
- participation in the ATC's OPEN CALL auditions
- positions on boards and committees
- voting rights at the AGM
- a voice at membership meetings
- discount on rental space (for Active members in good standing for the past two years)
What do I have to do as an Active member?
Active members contribute a minimum of 20 hours of theatre service, per year, in one or more of our following, hard to staff, areas: Lighting or Sound Design, Set Design, Costume Design, Producing, Stage Management, Lighting Operator, Sound Operator, Set Building, Building Operations, Front of House (Management, Box Office, Reservations), Bar (Management, Serving) Fundraising, Props Sourcing, Public Relations, Audience Development, Social Media, or Marketing
Don’t have experience? Don’t worry: we’ll happily train you.
Sign up to become a member, or renew your membership here
Already a Member? Enter the Members Only Section
Contact Liz Best, (Membership VP): email@example.com